Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.- 7 p.m.
Address & Phone:
1351 Hershberger Road, Suite 205
Roanoke, VA 24012
Phone: (540) 204-9660
Fax: (540) 561-7052
Virginia Workforce Center: Roanoke
Job seekers and employers in the Roanoke Valley are served by the Virginia Workforce Center at Crossroads Mall, 1351 Hershberger Road. Hosted by the Western Virginia Workforce Development Board, the Center serves as a "one-stop" resource for residents of the cities of Roanoke and Salem, as well as Craig, Botetourt and Roanoke counties looking for employment, training or other workplace related services. Specific business services are available for employers seeking to connect with the best candidates for their openings.
Under the direction of operator Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, the Center offers a variety of services aimed at assisting individuals in entering the workforce for the first time or returning after a layoff or other break in employment. The Center provides all basic core services, as well as intensive services and training for those needing additional assistance and meeting specific eligibility criteria. A number of special programs are available for veterans, low income individuals, older Americans, young people and others. You can access more than a dozen partner agencies either on site or through a community referral system. This network of organizations seeks to meet all the needs of individuals to ensure they will become or remain active, productive members of the community.
The Center's resource room includes computers, printers, fax, copier, and other resources for preparing resumes, searching for jobs, and applying for openings. Resource room staff provide assistance to those interested in investigating job opportunities and planning careers.
View a presentation of the new Roanoke Workforce Center.
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc.
- Job Corps
- League of Older Americans
- Refugee and Immigration Services
- Roanoke City Department of Social Services
- Roanoke City Schools Adult Education
- Roanoke County Department of Social Services
- Roanoke County Public Schools
- Roanoke Redevelopment and Housing Authority
- Roanoke Regional Economic Development Partnership
- USDA Forest Service Senior Community Service Employment Program
- Virginia Western Community College
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired