Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Address & Phone:
106 N. Maple Avenue, Box 918
Covington, VA 24426
Virginia Workforce Center: Covington
The Virginia Employment Commission hosts the Virginia Workforce Center serving the city of Covington, the town of Clifton Forge and Alleghany County. Under the direction of manager Katherine Holcomb, the center offers a variety of services aimed at assisting individuals in entering the workforce for the first time or returning after a layoff or other break in employment.
The Center provides all basic core services as well as intensive services and training for those needing additional assistance and meeting specific eligibility criteria. A number of special programs are available for veterans, low income individuals, older Americans, young people and others. You can access more than a dozen partner agencies either on site or through a community referral system. This network of organizations seeks to meet all the needs of individuals to ensure they will become or remain active, productive members of the community.
The Center's resource room includes computers, printers, fax, copier, and other resources for preparing resumes, searching for jobs and applying for openings. Resource-room staff provide assistance to those interested in investigating job opportunities and planning careers.
- Allegheny Highlands Free Clinic
- Goodwill Industries of the Valleys, Inc.
- League of Older Americans
- Safehome Systems, Inc.
- Alleghany County Department of Social Services
- County of Alleghany
- Covington Redevelopment and Housing Authority??
- Virginia Department for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
- Jackson River Technical Center
- Job Corps